Sunday, May 7, 2017

SFF: The 5 Books That Remind You of Star Wars

Sunday Fun Five #75:



A Countdown of

The 5 Books That Remind You of Star Wars



5. Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1) by C.J. Cherryh
Initially, I put this near the top, but somehow I remembered thinking it was more Star Trek-esque than Star Wars-esque. One must be a vigilant geek and distinguish betwixt the two. Still, the alien flavor of this book reminds me greatly of a galaxy far, far away.



4. Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles #1) by Ilona Andrews
This book contains a section that reminds me of the market and Cantina scenes in Star Wars. Though the overarching theme isn't to save the world, somehow this innkeeper helps to keep the whole "aliens on Earth" thing under wraps.


3. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
This one has plot elements I cannot disclose (AKA spoilers) that make it like Star Wars. If you've read the entire series, you'll probably know what I'm talking about, but suffice to say, it's on this SFF list for a reason.



2. The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Though not rooted in space travel, this epic fantasy features an alien world and customs that harken back to the first three episodes of Star Wars (for me, at least). Also, the characters are robust as those you'd find in Lucas's universe.


1. Tuf Voyaging by George R.R. Martin
Spaceships? Check. Intergalactic travel? Check. Strange beings? Check. Cats? Err... plenty.
To me, this one feels the most like Star Wars because it's fun, it involves saving the world(s) (albeit not from the Empire), and has all the expected trappings of a sci-fi set in space. Alas, there is no badass female in this book. Really, though... there's only one Princess Leia. And she happens to be a year old terrier mix.


Which books remind you of Star Wars?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gawd, Leia's tale slays me every time I see it! I love it. I really, really, really want to read Tuf Voyaging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like Tuf Voyaging. I've seen many a dog tail, but none quite like Leia's- I think it's a poodle terrier thing. ;)
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, La La!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...