Sunday, January 22, 2017

Fortnightly Update #27: How to Cure a Reading Slump


Apparently my cure for reading slumps is getting sicker than usual- and thus being unable to participate in my 'normal' activities, I turn to reading for entertainment. I haven't challenged myself to read a set amount of books this year, so I guess I haven't felt as much pressure to read. Combine that with a looming doctor appointment that may or may not provide any answers for me and I'm a bit on the slow side with reading. However, I regained some of that momentum by finishing Kindred by Octavia E. Butler in one day and finally polishing off Lotus by Lijia Zhang.

Recent Acquisitions (or the Piling of the-Piles):

the-pile Additions:

None!

the-invisible-pile Additions:


China Dolls by Lisa See
I tend to like See's more underrated books, so hopefully this one will appeal to me.


First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson #1) by Darynda Jones
I'm more than halfway through this one already- it's interesting, but I'm a bit concerned by some of the characters' interactions.

Currently Reading:

I like that this is a light paranormal book that isn't about werewolves (or yet, at least), but again, the characters aren't rubbing me the right way either.

Finished These Books:


Lotus by Lijia Zhang
I liked this book, but I felt there was something missing. 


Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
This is quite the book- an African American woman time travels to the pre-Emancipation Proclamation American South, always when a boy is in danger, but finds it hard to return to her "real life" as easily. It's a complex book and not an easy one to read due to the content, but it definitely is gripping given the fact I read it in a day.

In My Life:


This week I get to take Leia to the vet- next week, I get to see a doctor for my walking difficulties. I'm hoping to write a book review, but I also want to finish off my year in review for 2016, which totals up my blogging and reading stats so I can decide what I want to challenge myself to for this year.

What's your best reading slump cure?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know whether my comment went through, or not. I didn't see the moderation prompt. Oh well. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't! I'm sure it was fantastic, though. Darn Blogger... I usually copy mine before submitting them to any platform because of my internet woes lately. It's so finicky, but I guess all the companies in my area are having major issues. :/
      Thanks for stopping by and trying to comment!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...