Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Birthday, a Holiday, and a Reason to Watch TV

A Birthday:



Torrie's unofficial birthday is today! Why unofficial? As a previously homeless dog, Torrie had no owner to tell the rescue group when she was born. Therefore, they got the vet to estimate her age, and then put it on the nearest holiday: in Torrie's case, St. Patrick's Day. She's somewhere in the range of 6-8 years old, and is still going strong, albeit with a few silver hairs on her chin.


A Holiday:


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!


Luckily enough, I never have to wear green so people won't pinch me. My surname can be traced back to the Emerald Isle, specifically the northern section. As it turns out, 34.7 million U.S. residents claim Irish ancestry, so I'm probably not the only one not wearing green.

And, a Reason to Watch TV:


Mark your calendars, historical fiction people, as well as those who love a little magical realism with their history: The Dovekeepers, a CBS mini-series, will premiere March 31st. This series is obviously based on one of my favorite books (with the toughest heroines) The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman (check out my review here).

Here's the preview I've been salivating over:

[Link to Youtube video for mobile users]

Well, that's all for today. I haven't been around these parts (the internet) much lately because I'm undergoing physical therapy, which also eats into my reading/reviewing/commenting-back time. I'm hoping by Thursday I'll have a release day review of The Singer (Irin Chronicles #3) by Elizabeth Hunter, which is playing with my feelings as of now (still reading... I don't want to say goodbye to Malachi and Ava!).

                       Until Thursday,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...