Monday, June 30, 2014

A Month in Review for June, Upcoming Critiques, and I'm Feeling 22

Butteiful Scenery near Butte, MT
June has been relatively uneventful in my reading life, due to vacationing, frequent gardening, and rereading books for critiques. I've also decided to tackle some DIY projects, the bulk of which will involve tearing down three layers of vintage wallpaper in my bedroom that had been painted over by the previous owners of our 1903 house. Here's a tip: if you have wallpaper (very old, degraded wallpaper that is peeling off the walls) please take the time to remove it before painting. My bedroom is probably the worst room in our house, due to the painted wallpaper bubbling, and although rooms downstairs also have painted over wallpaper, it doesn't look near as hideous because they have genuine 1903 light fixtures (those make everything look good). In news that pertains directly to the blog, I've set up an email address specifically for review requests (or anything else blog-related) that you can find at the very end of the Connect With Me page.

In case you were wondering what three layers of Made in the USA wallpaper looks like.

Statistics:
 Total Posts: 19
 Total Critiques: 11 (only 1 missed due to vacation)
 Genre:
   Classics: 1
   Fantasy: 2
   Historical: 5
   Magical Realism: 1
   Paranormal Romance: 2
   Romance: 9
   Sci-fi: 1
   Urban Fantasy: 1

Most Popular Posts of the Month:
"The Lycan Hunter (A Gardinian World Novel)" by Kelsey Jordan
Blog News: Liebster Award
Confessions: All's Well That Ends Well (With Gifs) (I think people like gifs...)
Sunday Fun 5: Realms of the Written Word You Wish You Never Left

Pageviews For the Month: 650+
Comments: 12!
Liebster Award Nominations: 2!

Blog Schedule and Features: Critiques on Tuesdays, Thursdays, sometimes Fridays, and Saturdays. On Sundays, I rotate between the Sunday Fun Five, and Confessions of an Insomniac Book Devourer.

Currently Reading: Still reading Thief's Magic (Millennium's Rule #1) by Trudi Canavan, Candide by Voltaire {not loving it}, and planning on trying to read The Riddle-Master of Hed (Riddle-Master #1) by Patricia A. McKillip with the Fantasy Book Club on Goodreads, as I've had terrible luck trying to read it on my own, and that's what online book clubs are for: accountability.

Upcoming Critiques:

Here's a look at what I've been polishing for the month of July:

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin. Since I've critiqued the first, I may as well critique the rest. One of the better fantasy series I've read, and one I may wait until the end of time for, A Song of Ice and Fire is worth the hype, and 1000% more awesome to read than to watch on tv. Genres: Epic Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Horror, Heroes I Love, Heroines I Love, Series

Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin. A book he wrote before A Game of Thrones, and well worth your consideration, this is historical fiction... vampire style. Genres: Historical, Action/Adventure, Vampires, Horror

Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher. This series continues to draw me in, despite Harry Dresden's brain malfunctioning antics. What can I say besides, "If you're a wizard, and your name is Harry, you have my attention"? Genres: Urban Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Funny

The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy #1) by Maggie Fenton. It's rare that I critique anything that is mostly romance, but this one was delightful enough to change my mind. If you need to laugh, read this book... after you see my critique, of course. Genres: Romance, Historical, Funny

On July 6th, I will be 22 years old. To pre-celebrate, allow me to post this Taylor Swift video:


(You're welcome, 'merica {as well as every other nation whose people visit my blog [thank you, people]}. Now you'll have this song in your head until my birthday.)

The HORROR! From Reaction Gifs

See you in July,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...