Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Sci-fi Summer Reading Challenge Wrap-up


The Sci-fi Summer Reading Challenge was hosted by Rachelle @ Fortified by Books. My goal for this challenge was to read 6 Sci-fi books, but I ended up reading 11... making me a Jedi!

Don't you dare steal my books!


Of these, my favorite ended up being Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (even though I didn't expect it to be that good). My least favorite was The Rule of Luck by Catherine Cerveny, which was a bit too heavy on the romance side of things (and even then, not my kind of romance). I read 11 books and managed to review 6 of them (though, sometime in the future I hope to get around to more of them). Here are my reviews:

Wild Seed (Patternmaster #1) by Octavia E. Butler
Rating: 4 Stars

"Restoree" by Anne McCaffrey
Rating: 3 Stars

"Tuf Voyaging" by George R.R. Martin
Rating: 4 Stars

"Mind of My Mind (Patternmaster #2)" by Octavia E. Butler
Rating: 4 Stars

"A Fall of Moondust" by Arthur C. Clarke
Rating: 3 Stars

"The End of the World Running Club" by Adrian J. Walker
Rating: 3 Stars

I think I ended up reading a lot more than I had anticipated due to my legs being so difficult to walk with. And, I think to a certain extent, the fact that I'm struggling with that may have affected the rating of some of the books. But overall, if it wasn't enjoyable for me and I didn't find anything of great importance in it, I rated it lower, as I always do.

Which books have you enjoyed reading the most this summer?

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy you were able to read more than you thought you could/would, even though I don't like that you're having problems with walking and still don't have a definitive answer as to why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that I will know more about my weird walking when I see the neurosurgeon in October. Until then, I'll keep reading speedily while I'm inclined to do it and hopefully get some reviews done.
      Thanks for stopping by and hosting the challenge, Rachelle!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete
  2. You almost doubled your goal! I wish I could say that about my sumner reading challenge. Heh heh. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I aimed low because I wasn't sure how much sci-fi reading I could handle in a summer, but it turned out to be more than I expected. Sometimes even procrastinators like me can overachieve. ;)
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, La La!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...