Sunday, October 25, 2015

SFF: The 5 Scary Movies You Want to Read the Book Version Of

The Sunday Fun Five #39

Sunday Fun 5:
#38: The 5 Scary-Sounding Books You Want to Read
#39: The 5 Scary Movies You Want to Read the Book Version Of
For the 8th of November: #40: The 5 Books You Want to Read Before 2015 Ends

A Countdown of

The 5 Scary Movies You Want to Read the Book Version Of



5. The Shining (The Shining #1) by Stephen King
I have only watched bits and pieces of The Shining, but was intrigued by the fact Mr. King was inspired by a real life hotel haunting. That's enough to make me want to read his book.


4. Rosemary's Baby (Rosemary's Baby #1) by Ira Levin
The concept on this one is chilling, but I won't wax poetic on it due to possible spoilers. Nonetheless, I think this would make an extra creepy read.


3. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
I doubt anyone hasn't heard of this book/story, but I'd still like to read it for perfectionist reasons. I think it would probably make a more interesting read if the story weren't so well distributed into popular myth.


2. Dracula by Bram Stoker
As a fan of fang-people, I'm slightly abashed to have not read this yet. However, maybe next year I'll get to this one in time for Halloween.


1. Psycho (Psycho #1) by Robert Bloch
This is probably my favorite horror film, so obviously it tops my list for scary books to read as well. I don't know if the movie is true to the book, but even if it is, I think it's worth a read, if only for bragging rights.

Have you seen any of these movies, or better yet, read the book? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I've read The Shining, Frankenstein, and Dracula. All of them were good, but there is something in the movie adaptation of The Shining that isn't in the book which made it considerably less scary than I thought it would be. I enjoyed Frankenstein and recently reviewed it ( http://thereadingwench.com/2015/10/23/the-classics-club-frankenstein/ ). I read Dracula years ago, and as much as I enjoyed it, I didn't love it nearly as much as Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I did appreciate finally reading the story that kicked off modern vampire lore, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if the basic plot of classics were a secret, they'd be a lot more fun to read. Unfortunately, once they get made into movies, remakes, and other fanfiction, some of what makes them special is lost. I've read Interview with a Vampire, but otherwise I've neglected Anne Rice's vampires- it's difficult to view her books on their own merits when she's become a troll of the interwebs.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Rachelle!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...