Sunday, August 16, 2015

SFF: The 5 Video Game/Book Pairings to Experience Together

The Sunday Fun Five #34

Sunday Fun 5:

A Countdown of

The 5 Video Game/Book Pairings to Experience Together



5. Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard #2) by Scott Lynch
I haven't quite finished Red Seas yet, but I do know that I've been hankering another try at Black Flag ever since I started it. In Black Flag, you are a person from the future reliving the memories of Edward Kenway, a pirate of the high seas. In Red Seas, you're reading about Locke and Jean trying to be pirates.


4. The Legend of Zelda (any of them) and The Princess Bride by William Goldman
Oddly, the more I think about it, the more these two books seem to fit together. Although there aren't really any Hylians in The Princess Bride, it has the same basic plot- a princess rescue.


3. Pokémon (any of them) and Your Favorite Childhood Book
This one applies more to those of us who grew up trying to catch 'em all, but it's still a worthwhile escapade to those who don't know the way of the Pokémon Master.


2. Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) and A Game of Thrones (ASoIaF #1) by George R.R. Martin
All the political maneuverings of A Game of Thrones can be found in Skyrim, albeit on a somewhat grander scale. In Skyrim, dragons are returning to the land, even though they haven't been seen since long, long ago. In A Game of Thrones, Winter is Coming. Same difference, really.


1. The Sims 2/3 and Every Book Known to Humankind
I have used the Sims to vicariously fanfiction almost every book I adore. Currently I have a town consisting of characters from my favorites of Robin McKinley's books, my own world/book, and just to stir the pot, Kvothe from The Name of the Wind. I love creating the characters how I see them, and seeing how they interact with other characters. Basically, it's like your own personal virtual dollhouse of favorite book characters.

....and also, you can build every kind of house you'd ever dream of living in, within reason.


I was planning to show you my Sky Palace/Cult of Death, but apparently it's occupied. Pity the poor Sims who live there.

Do you ever play video games when reading certain books?

2 comments:

  1. Hahah what a fun post idea! Reading and gaming are two of my favorite hobbies, too. Definitely agree with the Skyrim / GoT pairing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always seem to pair books with video games in my mind anyhow, so I figured I'd make a list of all the ones on my mind.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Natalie!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...