Sunday, December 21, 2014

SFF: The 5 Books You Hope to Read in 2015

The Sunday Fun Five #17

Sunday Fun 5:
#17: The 5 Books You Hope to Read in 2015
For the 4th of Jan.: #18: The 5 Characters You Have New Year's Resolutions For

Feel free to participate by commenting below or writing a blog post: I wrote up some guidelines for blog participation here.


A Countdown of

The 5 Books You Hope to Read in 2015

...because 2014 is almost over and you haven't gotten to them yet.


I'm probably one of the few people who loves fantasy but can't get my head around this book. I've read roughly 100 pages, then given up, and then reread the 100 pages again. I just want to finally finish it so I'll feel like I'm not missing out!


4. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
This was one of the first Kindle Daily Deals I purchased because of the buzz surrounding it. I'm not exactly sure what to expect with this one, other than the title characters being present, but I hope to find a new favorite in it.


3. The Greenlanders by Jane Smiley
During the Travel the World in Books Readathon, I desperately wanted to read this- but it was too long for me to finish with four other books in two weeks, so I moved on. In 2015, I hope to have enough time to read it- and learn a bit more about historical Greenland in the process.


This is a book I've heard very conflicting things about. Some people say they love it- some people say don't touch it with a ten-foot pole. I say I need to read it to find out why people are all over the board about this one.


Female warriors. Diverse characters. Epic fantasy. I need to read this.

Notable Exclusions:
I'm hoping I'll get to The Martian by Andy Weir before the year ends, but maybe that's too optimistic. I'd also like to read The Darkness that Comes Before (Prince of Nothing #1) by R. Scott Bakker, if only to free it from my pile, because I've had it forever.

What books do you hope to read in 2015?


Blog Notice: I'll not be posting anything bookish this week (December 22nd-28th) due to the holidays. So- happy holidays and travel safely if you're going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...