Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Fun 5: The Five Husband-Material Characters You Wish Were Real

The Sunday Fun Five #6

Sunday Fun 5:
#4: The 5 Authors You Would Revive, If Only For a Day
#5: The 5 Books That Define You as a Person and a Reader
#6: The 5 Genres (or Subgenres) You Never Get Tired Of
#7: The 5 Husband-Material Characters You Wish Were Real
For the 17th of August: #8: The 5 Books You'd Rather Steal Than Wait For (To Be Published)
Feel free to participate by commenting below or writing a blog post: I wrote up some guidelines for blog participation here.

A Countdown Of

The 5 Husband-Material Characters You Wish Were Real

From Comic Vine
5. Aragorn (or Long Shanks) from The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
I had a serious crush on Aragorn ever since I read The Fellowship of the Ring when I was twelve. I realize most other girls dreamed of Orlando Bl-*cough* Legolas, but I wasn't interested in elves for a husband- I wanted to be an elf myself. And being royalty wouldn't be that bad either.

From We Heart It
4. Rhett Butler from Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I have to agree with my grandmother on this one- Rhett Butler is a serious catch, and if Scarlett O'Hara's too busy pining for Ashley Wilkes, I'd steal him from under her petticoats. He was on the wrong side of the war, but frankly, tomorrow is another day, and I'd have him whipped into shape in no time.

With help from the Sims 3.
3. Con(stantine) from Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Certainly not a looker of a vampire (his skin is described as looking like old mushrooms), but Con is my favorite vampire for a reason- he's a real vampire. He considers eating his human counterpart, but resists, while not being a whiny, brooding, sparkly, beautiful vampire.

With help from the Sims 3
2. Luthe from The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
I usually look for a tall, dark, and striking man in my reads when imaginary husband shopping, but Luthe is the exception (the only blonde to make the cut). He made me cry as a kid, and even now with his Good Old-Fashioned Loverboy antics. Laying down to listen to the horse's hooves carry his beloved away? 
The Feels! From Tumblr
Also, he healed Aerin when she was sick, but didn't necessarily save the day- it was up to Aerin to do that. Overall, Luthe is the most romantic fantasy character I've ever met, but he isn't quite as fitting as...


1. Malachi from The Scribe (Irin Chronicles #1) by Elizabeth Hunter
Not only is he literate, he's practically an angel, and he can give you wicked tattoos. If you're an Irina, there's virtually no competition- all the Irin are located far from home for their work. Also, he is tall, dark, and striking- and probably more than a little bit handsome (that never hurts).

Notable Exclusions:
I love Tyrion (from A Game of Thrones), but his heart is set on someone else. I wouldn't want to be the Rhett Butler of that relationship.
Perhaps you expected me to have Mr. Darcy on my list. A minor confession- I'll get back to you on that when I've read Pride and Prejudice- I've only seen the movies, and I'm sure the book would tell more about him.

Do you have any husband material characters you wish were real? What are the qualities you look for in a book boyfriend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...